Effective Date: June 18, 2020
AlphaMed Press, publisher of The Oncologist, STEM CELLS, and STEM CELLS Translational Medicine (collectively, “Journals”) and other related publications, is committed to maintaining the privacy of information that you provide when using the AlphaMed Press Website, including the STEM CELLS PORTAL, and when you engage with AlphaMed Press.
Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information about you when you visit our Website, communicate with us by phone or mail (postal and email), or interact with us in person: (1) personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, employment information), and (2) non-personally identifiable information (such as aggregate information).
In such instances, AlphaMed Press may collect the following categories of personally identifiable information.
- Identifying contact information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information and any free-form text you provide. We use this information to provide you with information about features and services; to communicate with you and others about our features and services, as you request or indicate; to process your request or ensure our publishing partner of our Journals has information to process your request; to provide you with personalized content; and to send you other information related to your request.
- Internet or other similar network activity and information about your visit to our Website, including access times and information about your computer hardware and software, such as your IP address, browser type, and domain names. This information is sourced indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Website). They are used to provide you with personalized content, information, and/or to send you information on our services.
Personally Identifiable Information
Information we collect may include your name, address (postal and email), including your country of residence and state where applicable and telephone and fax numbers, as well as facts about your profession or other demographic information. If you ask us in person or contact us, through our site or otherwise, and request access to paid content, including subscriptions to our Journals, we collect information from you and share that information with our publishing partner of our Journals who manages and provides subscription and paid content services.
We collect information directly from you when you sign up for our Regenerative Medicine Newsletter through our STEM CELLS PORTAL and when you communicate with us by phone or mail (postal and email) and in person. We collect information directly from you when you respond to surveys and when you provide information and responses to questions on Society partner forms we host on our Website. We may also receive information about you from our publishing partner of our Journals and from other third party partners.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
AlphaMed Press collects non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our Website. This information is aggregated and not used to identify you personally.
Some information may be automatically collected when you visit the AlphaMed Press Website including through cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies (collectively “cookies”). Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while are others are retained to recognize you when you return to a website. You may find more information about cookies and how they work by going to allaboutcookies.org.
How We Use and Share Information Collected
We use and may disclose your personally identifiable information we collect to:
- Provide you with information about products and services that you request from us.
- Inform our publishing partner of our Journals of your in interest in products or services or a request related to our Journals.
- Provide your form responses to our Society partners, as applicable and as requested.
- Provide your contact information to third parties, but only when you have provided specific consent.
- Improve the content and/or services of our Website.
- Notify you about new or existing products, content, or services.
- Notify you for other purposes from time to time.
- Track and analyze Website usage data and statistical information.
- Comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or to protect you or others.
- Provide to third parties to facilitate, or as part of, any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
If AlphaMed Press collects your personally identifiable information for one of the purposes described above, we may store such information on our servers or in one (or more) of our databases. Please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us if you do not want AlphaMed Press to use and store your information in accordance with this policy.
We use and may disclose your non-personally identifiable information to:
- Manage our Website.
- Analyze data about visits to make the Website more accessible and interesting.
- Provide services associated with the maintenance of our Website.
- Update donors who fund our Website with aggregated usage data.
- Deliver the content of our Website correctly.
- Optimize the content of our Website as well as its advertisement.
- Ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and Website technology.
- Provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
Information collected through cookies is stored separately from any information we have collected from you otherwise.
Security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed. AlphaMed Press uses commercially reasonable security to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information we collect, use and store, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security information you transmit to us and you understand you do so at your own risk.
We may conduct occasional online surveys. These surveys are entirely voluntary, and you may easily decline to participate.
International Transfer of Information
By engaging with our Website and providing both your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information, you indicate you understand the risks and agree to the transfer of this information to the United States.
Policy Regarding Minors
AlphaMed Press only collects information knowingly from adults and our Website is intended for individuals age 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under age 18. If we become aware that such information has been collected, we will delete it.
How to Stop Receiving Information from Us
You may choose at any time to stop receiving information from us about content or services by using the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of email communication or by contacting us as indicated below. You may also withdraw any consent you have previously provided. To do so, please contact:
318 Blackwell St., Suite 260
Durham, NC 27701-2884 USA
Under normal conditions, you can expect your request to take 48–72 hours to be processed.